Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tulugak!

Raven in the Iqaluit Rock Garden
So, Mary said she took her kids to an Inuit show called Tulugak!. She loved it, and told me "don't let the ravens get you into trouble!" 

Now, I didn't see the show, so i don't know exactly what she was talking about, but i have kept my eyes open for the ravens. 

Raven's hanging out
The first one I saw was in the rock garden (more on that later). 

Today, we had brunch at Neil and Ann's out in Apex (yum yum delicious). These two ravens were just hanging out on the pole. Neil says they come around in the morning just before he goes to feed the dog (they split up the labour, one distracting the dog, the others stealing his food). Smart.


1 comment:

  1. Love the photos -- the scupture is amazing. Can you get me one?

    I'd love to see the ravens at work, stealing the dogs food. Gotta love that work ethic. Arta says I don't have to go up North to see them at work -- I can just watch them get into her compost at the Shuswap.

    ReplyDelete