Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Vancouver/Victoria flight (13.5 minutes of beauty)

taking off from Vancouver
My trip home from Quebec was delayed.  Instead of heading directly from Toronto to Victoria (at 10pm), I got only as far as Vancouver, and then had to wait the night, and take the morning flight from Vancouver to Victoria.

It is a VERY short flight: 13 or so minutes.  Not long enough for an in-flight beverage.  But then again, who NEEDS a beverage... the view out the window is everything a thirsty soul could want. 

The morning was grey, this is just my cellphone camera, and it is a view taken through an airplane window, but it still captures something of how stunning the world is in the 45 km of water that separates Vancouver Island from the mainland.
The ferry approaching Tsawassen terminal






approaching the Victoria airport


Charles Elliot totems at the Victoria airport

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, it makes me homesick for Victoria. Wait, I have never lived there! Well, homesick for BC. I can hardly wait to get to the Shuswap this summer. Rocky mountains here I come!

    ReplyDelete