Tuesday, September 10, 2019

My Trip to Quebec - Pt3


5.  Lunch at the Museum


 Marie-Claire and I took a break from the Miro exhibit to meet Claire L'Heureux-Dube for lunch at what she told us was one of her favourite restaurants... which happened to be in the museum!   

So.   

She sat me at the best chair: one that faced the glass wall. 

This meant that I had an amazing view of the grounds outside.  

It was a sky full of clouds, constantly moving and creating a series of amazing tableaux for my viewing pleasure.  It was a piece of art in and of itself.  Nature is amazing.
yes, this is the soup!

Because the world was all brightness and light, it also made it impossible for me to take a reasonable selfie of the three of us (the backlighting... bleech).   

Instead, I took photos of the meal (or at least, of the last three courses)!  hahaha   

I will say, the food was worth taking photos: truly delicious!    

As to the conversation, we stayed in French.  


candied bacon?!  Yum.
Good practice for me, through there were also several weird spots in the conversation (for example, when I was responding to a question about "du vin" with answers on about my Keto-based thoughts on "du pain".  


A seriously dense carrot cake!
It was a bit confusing.  And left me laughing at myself.   

Still lots of language learning for me to do (and I again was reminded of the need to honour those around me speaking constantly in their second or third languages).

6.  More Museum time with the Inuit Art Collection!


 On the top floor of the museum, one can find the Broussard Inuit Art Collection.   

Wow!   

I happily spent the rest of the afternoon there. 

Amazing art and artists, and a wonderful series of short videos (on iPads) strategically placed around the room.   

I wanted to run my hands over just about everything.  

Amazing stuff!!!!  I didn't get the names of each piece, but will try to track them down.   

this piece is a miniature marvel

Swimming caribou?!  Wow.

Emily Pangnerk Illuitok's "Igloo and Bear Hunting"

Manasie Akpaliapik's "Self-Destruction"

The carvings on each side invite you to move and discover new things

7.  Dinner with Marie-Claire and Valerie

I think it has been




No comments:

Post a Comment