Saturday, June 8, 2019

Ocean and Clouds -- the ride back home

I spent a week in Vancouver for the Congress Meetings (Canadian Law and Society Association, and the Canadian Association of Law Teachers).   Both meetings were great.  

What really grabbed me on the last day was the sky.  It was a gorgeous blue, but with huge puffy white clouds on the horizon.  I was hoping that the amazing sky would hold up for the ferry ride home.   My expectations were met and exceeded.   The trip home was just stunning.  Here is my photo essay.
Loaded up and waiting at the dock.  Other ships already moving.

Clouds on the horizon on the land side of the ship

I love the contrast in colours between sea, land, clouds and sky



the view back to the ferry terminal.  Cloud looking ominous below




half way home, the two ferries cross paths in Active Pass





Add caption

Passing the half way mark towards home
And then the clouds began getting darker


Loving the sparkle on the water
Darker skies, but still glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the pictures was so satisfying. I was remembering the first ferry ride that I remember on going to your home. The deck was a bit windy but the scenery on both sides of the ferry was so beautiful. The charm of the ferry ride was not lost on me, nor you from the scenes you have shown. Thanks for clicking and posting.

    ReplyDelete