Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Trees, and Breeze, and Bees


Spring is such a beautiful season...unless, of course, you suffer from hay fever.  There is no end to the pollen!
Cherry blossoms on an overcast day

Still, I love it.  I love the clear days, the cloudy days, the rainy days.  

It is a matter of following one plant in bloom, to another.

First we get the cherry tree in the back (fruit bearing, white blossoms, smells glorious.)  Then it is the cherry trees in the front (non-fruit bearing, white blossoms).

The maple tree on a clear day
And now, the maple tree has moved to its "please pollinate me!" phase.   It is not as 'showy' as the two cherry trees, but it smells just delicious out there.  

And... it is clearly so tastey to bees.   In the mid morning, when things have warmed up, it is aswarm with bees.  You can hear them from inside. The tree seems alive.  It is truly a marvel. 

It was the perfect day to spend a bit of time in the backyard, under the canopy of the leaves, enjoying the dance of both breeze and bees in the leaves above.

If you want to join me under the trees, feel free to click on the videos below.




2 comments:

  1. OK. That was a lot of fun in the backyard. I have only thought of that tree as a lovely tree in the backyard, not as a home for bees. I am so sorry to have missed the blooming of the trees in the front! When you say you spent time in the backyard, I am wondering, was it relaxing on a deck chair, or were you out doing yard work, which is a joy in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say one more thing about the title of this post: Trees, Bees and Breeze.

    Very nice.

    I have enjoyed the sound of it quite a few times since reading it.

    ReplyDelete