Friday, July 23, 2021

Ferry Fabulousness - A photo scrapbook from July 23

After some debate, Duncan and I decided to head out to the Shuswap for some time with the extended family.   This means, "The Ferry!"    The masking protocols have only just changed, so that the outside decks are fully accessible again.   While we were on the 9am ferry, Duncan spend the trip sleeping down on the car deck.  Not surprising, as he stayed up the night before!   I, on the other hand, spent the time up on the top sun deck.  It was a truly spectacular trip.  Here are some snaps, and videos (in reverse order, but... whatever!)

















For those of you who like video versions, here are some clips from the trip.  

This first one catches the sparkle on the water (as the ship moved out from the Schwartz Bay Ferry Terminal




This one might seem long (ie. 4 minutes).  However, you get to see what it is like to be in Active Pass when the ferries pass each other going to and coming from Vancouver.   It is a fab part of the voyage!





2 comments:

  1. First commenter!!!! Amazing trip on the ferry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took a video of the active pass. I did too. I'm such a transportation nerd. These photos feel so familiar to me even if I have only taken the ferry 4 times (once there and back in the spring with Richard, and once there and back with my family in August). My heart can hardly handle these photos. It might burst.

    ReplyDelete